Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Holiday

I will admit holidays are not my favorite thing. Everyone gets so crazy and out of sorts. My class has to be the worst about that. I am dreading the Christmas craze. Luckily our school does not allows costumes, everyone had to wear their usual uniform. In the afternoon we had a party with cookies and milk and the teacher gave us each a candy bar. A full-size one.

My neighborhood was having a block party that evening. Mr. Sullivan invited his girlfriend and most of her kids (Emily did not come; she was at a sleepover). Papa made me hang out with Jess and Ella. Ella is fun, but you know how Jess is. After the party we went trick-or-treating. Daddy let me keep half of my candy and gave me a quarter for each piece I did not keep. I made a couple of dollars.

The Sullivan's stopped by for some cider later. Ella had to show me her candy. Why does her sister have to be the opposite?
 Papa told me to take them up to my room so the grown-ups could have adult time. I think that meant they were going to make their cider 'hard cider.'
Jess and Ella did not dress up, but wore Halloween outfits. Their dad always makes them coordinate for parties. I was a princess. All in all it was a fun night. Free candy is always delightful.

*Angelica*

4 comments:

  1. Salut, Angelica!
    I understand perfectly about people going all out for holidays. Yesterday was La Toussaint, and I wasn't at all thrilled about it. My dad told me that I wouldn't appreciate the holiday until I am an adult, and he's probably right.
    I like your costume, by the way! :)
    Bises,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls looked so cute all dressed up for the holiday, glad that you had fun even if it was with Jess and Ella rather than Emily.

    We did not do a lot for the holiday either, we will do a little for Christmas and Mama usually makes us have family photo's too, which since Tirya will be home this year we will have everyone for photo's, so we will live through that one. lol

    Do you do much for Thanksgiving?? We usually have a fun game night for all of us together, and eat good food and deserts too. It is always crazy around here as I have 10 sisters, 1 brother, and 10 cousins in the house with me. We never get a quiet day around here. lol

    Laters,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taryn,
    We usually have a quiet Thanksgiving with just the 3 of us. We watch movies and eat a lot. I hope we will continue that tradition this year, but I have a feeling we will at the Sullivan's huge Thanksgiving party.

    Your Thanksgiving sounds like fun.

    *Angelica*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! Candy is great, and you girls look nice in your holiday outfits. I love the ghost fabric!

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete