Thursday, August 18, 2011

Play Date

First off, some good news: My family is together again! My dads got back for good a few days ago and we are now at home. It feels very good to sleep in my own bed again. I do miss Mac; it was nice having a 'sister' for the summer. I may have to talk Papa into adopting. Daddy is already on board.

Since we are officially moved in, Daddy thought it would be a good idea to meet our neighbors: the Sullivan's. I really only know Emily through friends (she being Mac's cousin), but I know her mom is dating Mr. Sullivan. I am sure I will see a lot more of Emily due to that. Daddy set up a play date for Jess Sullivan and myself since we are the same age. She arrived 15 minutes late and in a terrible mood. How can you be late when all you have to do is walk next door?

"Do you like to bake cookies?" I asked her. "I thought we could make chocolate chip."
"No," Jess said.
I forced a smile and asked what she liked to do. Her answer was that she wanted to go home.
"Maybe we can make cookies anyway," I suggested. "I have everything ready."
It was like pulling teeth to get her to do anything. She never once smiled. I am going to have my work cut out being her friend. Luckily I like a challenge.

Jess barely stayed an hour. She was more excited to go back to her nanny. I am intrigued by Jess. I cannot wait to find out more about her. I know she will open up to me eventually.

*Angelica*

6 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a tough 'play' date. Who doesn't like to bake cookies, anyway? It was nice of you to be so patient with her!

    We're so glad to hear that you and your dads are together again! It's so hard to be apart from family. Being home must be nice.

    Hopefully your family can adopt a sibling for you! All the girls in our family are adopted, and it's really fun to have sisters. (Brothers would probably be alright, too.)

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Summer. I think a brother would be fun to have, but I think I am going to push for a sister more. Then we would be balanced: two males, two females. I could not believe that Jess did not want to bake cookies. She is very odd and I think she is used to someone else doing everything for her.

    *Angelica*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your play date with Jess was so difficult. Maybe Jess will lighten up soon, and you will be good friends?

    -Frankie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you definitely need a sister for balance! ;-)

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes a sister would be great .. I would be lost without Marsali in my life .. and being adopted too it is great to have someone who will always be there to listen ..

    I am so glad that your family is back together and that you are in your own room and own bed .. that is always a great plus to life .. I love being in my room at times ..

    Sorry Jess was such a pain for the play date .. I hope she softens and you two can be great friends .. it helps to have good friends in life .. how far are you away from Mac?? Will you get to see her this year too??

    Laters,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taryn,

    Mac lives about an hour and a half away from my house. I am not sure how often I will get to see her. Our schools are a couple of miles apart. I hope we will be able to see each other, but it is going to be hard to coordinate everything.

    *Angelica*

    ReplyDelete