Monday, August 1, 2011

Pompey's Pillar

My parents came for a visit this weekend. It was so great to see them again. Papa said we will be together before I start school whether everything is taken care of in NYC or not. I was very glad to here that. The first say of school is always hard for me and this year it will be a new school in a new state. Plus I do not want to have to ride the bus for an hour with Mac. I get car sick and I do not even want to think how miserable it would be on a bus.

While my dads were here we visited Pompey's Pillar. William Clark signed his name on the rock and it is the only remaining physical evidence of his and Lewis' journey. The rock was named after Sacagawea's son whose nickname was Pomp. Clark's signature was covered with a glass case and it did not show to well in a picture. It was really neat to see.

It was a short hike to the rock. This is me at the top. The sky is always so blue. The rails were awkwardly spaced for a short person, like myself, and it was hard to get a good view picture.
 
I am excited to learn more about Lewis, Clark, and Sacagawea. Daddy loves history and art and he is going to help me find some good books.

4 comments:

  1. We are so happy that your dads could come out for a visit and you will be with them soon .. it has to be so hard to be so far apart ..

    We might come to Montana .. it would be fun to meet up .. we are going to Missoula I know for sure and Lincoln both .. we could meet somewhere safe for a visit and photo's .. whatcha think??

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Taryn. I don't live very close to Missoula (5 hours away) so I am not sure if that would work out or not. Even if we cannot visit, I know you will have so much fun in Montana.

    *Angelica*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you got to see your dads, and that your family will be together for the start of school. It must be hard to be apart for so long.

    Sounds like you had a fun time, though. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Green Girls. Yes, it is hard being without my dads. I talk on the phone with them every night, but of course it is not the same. I am just glad I do not have to worry about starting school alone.

    *Angelica*

    ReplyDelete