Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life on the Ranch

I must confess I am not entirely cut out for living on a ranch. Papa needs to rescue me very soon and get me back to the city. Plus I miss him.

But Mac's family is very lovely even if her father has an occasional negative opinion about my family. I love being part of such a big family. There are six Scarlatti children (you will meet them soon when Mac starts her own blog) and so many animals. I have only been around cats and dogs before.

Every morning I help the siblings with farm chores. Well, some of the chores. I enjoy feeding the chickens and collecting eggs. But mucking stalls is too hard for me and their Angus cattle scare me a little. Those things are enormous!

Living with the Scarlatti's is a little bit like going to summer camp. I get to try new things and live in a different environment. The best part is that it doesn't last forever and soon I will be back in my own bed. And poor Lavender will stop being teased by the dogs!

*Angelica*

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Angelica!

    It sounds like an interesting change for you, but I can see why you miss home. I know being in a different environment is exciting in some ways, but hard in other ways. (We live in a city too, but not as big of one as NYC.)

    Our youngest sister, Evelyn, would be really jealous of you. She looooves horses, and she'd think it was great to stay on a farm.

    Love,
    Kirsten from The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Hola! Estoy bien. ¿QuĂ© tal?
    My Spanish is extremely limited; I have only completed Spanish I!
    I'm definitely a city girl, too. I was born and raised in Lille. I'm not too far from a city, but it doesn't compare to Lille.
    I'm sure you'll adjust; it might take some time, though.
    Bonne chance!
    Bises,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of us here in our house are town/city girls .. we do have a couple who would LOVE to live on a ranch .. but most of us would be happy to visit once in awhile .. our horses are stabled here in town now and we have fun riding in the mountains ..

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete